Yvonne Peters-Washington and Jenn Elder won the YAIAA Class AAA doubles championship on Wednesday, dropping only a combined seven games over the tournament's four matches.
The top-ranked Peters-Washington and Elder beat No. 2 seed Christie and Angela Friedrich of Dallastown, 6-3, 6-2, to win the championship at South Western.
The Panthers started their day with a straight-set win against New Oxford's Dagney Markle and Brooke Moyer, dropping just one game.
The Friedrich sisters advanced to the championship match by battling to a three-set victory against fellow Wildcats Chloe Berridge and Madi Reed, who were the No. 3 seed. Berridge and Reed took the first set of the semifinal match 6-2. The Friedrich sisters won the second, 7-5, to force a decisive third set, where they won a tiebreaker, 7-4.
Markle and Moyer finished third by upsetting Berridge and Reed, 7-6 (4), 6-3.
On the Class AA side, top-seeded Alyssa and Ellie Neudecker won the title for Delone Catholic in similarly convincing fashion. They dropped only eight games throughout the four-match tournament.
Wednesday, the Neudeckers earned a two-set win against Kennard-Dale's No. 2 seed Alyssa Miller and Claire Boone, 6-3, 6-2.
The Neudecker pair cruised past Carolyn Thomas and Samantha Schwamb of York Catholic, the No. 3 seed, without losing a game, 6-0, 6-0. Miller and Boone took down No. 4 seed Samantha Clancy and Bailey Cross from York Suburban, 6-3, 6-1.
In the third-place game, Clancy and Cross pulled off the upset as they dropped the first set, 2-6, to Thomas and Schwamb before rebounding to take the next two sets, 6-2, 6-4, for the win.
YAIAA Doubles tournament
at South Western
Wednesday's results Semifinals
(1) Yvonne Peters-Washington/Jenn Elder, CY, def. Dagney Markle-Brooke Moyer, NO, 6-0, 6-1.
(2) Christie Friedrich-Angela Friedrich, Dt, def. (3) Chloe Berridge-Madi Reed, Dt, 2-6, 7-5, 7-6 (7-4).
(1) Peters-Washington/Elder, CY, def. (2) Friedrich-Friedrich, Dt, 6-3, 6-2.
Markle-Moyer, NO, def. (3) Berridge-Reed, Dt, 7-6 (7-4), 6-3.
(1) Alyssa Neudecker-Ellie Neudecker, DC, def. (3) Carolyn Thomas-Samantha Schwamb, YC, 6-0, 6-0.
(2) Alyssa Miller-Claire Boone, KD, def. (4) Samantha Clancy-Bailey Cross, YS, 6-3, 6-1.
(1) Neudecker-Neudecker, DC, def. (2) Miller-Boone, KD, 6-3, 6-2.
Third place game
(4) Clancy-Cross, YS, def. (4) Thomas-Schwamb, YC, 2-6, 6-2, 6-4.