Sophomore sinks two, team celebrates District 3 Class 5A championship. (Teddy Feinberg/GameTimePA.com)
The Northeastern boys' basketball team won its first District 3 title, defeating Mechanicsburg in the Class 5A championship game Friday, March 3, 2017. Jim Seip, GameTimePA.com
See the top five plays from the Vikings' 46-44 win over the Lady Crusaders in the District 3 Class 4A championship. It's the Vikings' first ever District Championship. Matt Catrillo/GameTimePA.com
See thr top five plays from the Beavers' 55-27 win over Halifax in the District 3 Class 1A Championship. Beavers won their 3rd straight district title. Matt Catrillo/GameTimePA.com
York Catholic managed to win the District 3 championship against league rival Delone Catholic, and Irish head coach Kevin Bankos crossed off another milestone by winning his 300th career game. Jim Seip, GameTimePA.com
Jordan Ray powered the York Country Day boys' basketball team to its second consecutive District 3 championship Thursday, March 2, 2017 at Hershey's Giant Center. Jim Seip, GameTimePA.com
See the top five plays from the Cedars' 66-59 loss to the Red Knights in the District 3 Class 6A Third Place Game. Matt Catrillo/GameTimePA.com
Find out how Jordan Ray and York Country Day were able to win back-to-back District 3 Class 1A boys basketball championships with Ray's GameTimePA.com Snapchat Takeover. Video by Lizi Arbogast, GameTimePA.com
The Susquehannock girls' basketball team is headed back to the District 3 championship game after a 48-25 victory against Twin Valley Tuesday. The Warriors play Harrisburg at 11 a.m. Saturday at Hershey's Giant Center. Jim Seip, GameTimePA.com
Bobcats topple Spring Grove, highlighted by Fred Mulbah's highlight-reel dunk. (Teddy Feinberg/GameTimePA.com)
See the top 10 plays from Greencastle's 46-41 win over Palmyra in the District 3 Class 5A Fifth Place Game. Matt Catrillo/GameTimePA.com
Check out the best plays from Greencastle-Antrim and Shippensburg's boys basketball team in the District 3 Class 5A consolations. Video by Lizi Arbogast, GameTimePA.com
Check out the GameTimePA.com Top 5 Plays - playoff edition. Video by Lindsey Smith
Panthers lose in District 3 Class 6A semifinal vs. Cumberland Valley, 41-32. (Teddy Feinberg/GameTimePA.com)
YAIAA Division I foes Northeastern and Spring Grove are scheduled to meet in the District 3 Class 5A semifinal Monday at Hershey's Giant Center. The two programs have split the season series, with each winning at home. Jim Seip, GameTimePA.com
The Susquehannock girls' basketball team is chasing a chance at history, attempting to win the program's first District 3 title. The Warriors appeared in back-to-back district finals in 2013-14, but came up short in both games. Jim Seip, GameTimePA.com
Panthers lose to Eagles 66-45 in District 3 Class 6A quarterfinals. (Patrick Blain/For GameTimePA.com)
The top five plays from the Cedars' 51-50 win over the Panthers in the District 3 Class 6A Quarterfinals. Matt Catrillo/GameTimePA.com
On Thursday, Northeastern's Fred Mulbah hosted GameTimePA.com's Snapchat Takeover. Video by Lizi Arbogast, GameTimePA.com
Spring Grove erased a 7-point, fourth-quarter deficit to defeat Manheim Central, 65-63, in a District 3 Class 5A quarterfinal Thursday, Feb. 23, 2017. Jim Seip, GameTimePA.com
The top 5 plays from the Spartans' 76-71 win over the Cougars in the District 3 Class 5A Quarterfinals Thursday at Palmyra High School. Matt Catrillo/GameTimePA.com
The York Catholic boys' fell to Lancaster Mennonite 64-63 in the District 3 Class 3A semifinals. Here's a look at the closing seconds -- and winning basket. (Teddy Feinberg/GameTimePA.com
Check out the best plays from Northeastern's District 3 Class 5A boys basketball victory over Greencastle-Antrim. Video by Lizi Arbogast, GameTimePA.com
Teammates for the Jersey Shore Warriors, Spring Grove's Eli Brooks and Manheim Central's Taylor Funk met in a District 3 boys' basketball quarterfinal Thursday, Feb. 23, 2017. Jim Seip, GameTimePA.com
Top 5 plays Greencastle-Antrim vs. West York Matt Bernardini, GameTimePA
No. 5-seeded Carlisle held off No. 12-seeded Dallastown, 80-77, in the District 3 Class 6A boys' basketball tournament Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017. Jim Seip, GameTimePA.com
The top five plays from Central York's 64-48 win at Cedar Crest in the District 3 Class 6A First Round Tuesday. Matt Catrillo/GameTimePA.com
The top 5 plays from the Cougars' 61-53 win over the Eagles in the District 3 Class 5A First Round. Matt Catrillo/GameTimePA.com
Check out the best of the best from Greencastle-Antrim's playoff game with Shippensburg on Monday night. Video by Lizi Arbogast, GameTimePA.com
Check out the top five plays between Waynebsoro and Manheim Central in a District 3 Class 5A boys basketball first-round matchup. Video by Lindsey Smith
Check out Greencastle-Antrim's victory over Shippensburg through the eyes of Bryan Gembe, who hosted a GameTimePA.com's Snapchat Takeover on Monday night. Video by Lizi Arbogast, GameTimePA.com
GameTimePA reporters Teddy Feinberg and Jim Seip discuss potential District 3 basketball title teams from the YAIAA. Jim Seip, GameTimePA.com
GameTimePA.com's Matt Catrillo and Pat Huggins break down the upcoming District 3 boys and girls basketball tournaments for Lebanon County teams. Matt Catrillo/GameTimePA.com
- Watch: Jaden Walker free throws lift Susquehannock to title
- Watch: Northeastern scores one for history books
- Watch: NL-McDevitt top 5 plays
- Watch: Leb. Catholic-Halifax Top 5 plays
- Watch: York Catholic wins title, Bankos earns 300th victory
- Watch: York Country Day wins back-to-back District 3 titles
- Watch: Lebanon/Reading top 5 plays
- Watch: Jordan Ray hosts Dist. 3 champion Snapchat Takeover
- Watch: Susquehannock headed to District 3 final
- Watch: Northeastern to play for District 3 title
- Watch: Greencastle-Palmyra top 10 plays
- Watch: Top 10 plays, Greencastle & Shippensburg in consolations
- Watch: GTPA Top 5 Plays, playoffs week 1
- Watch: Central York can't find scoring touch at Giant Center
- Watch: Northeastern, Spring Grove meet in District 3 semifinal
- Watch: Susquehannock girls pursue school history
- Watch: Central York falls to Division-I bound Lonnie Walker, Reading
- Watch: CD East/Lebanon top 5 plays
- Watch: The complete Fred Mulbah Takeover
- Watch: Spring Grove's wild comeback sinks Manheim Central
- Watch: Milton Hershey/Palmyra Top 5 plays
- Watch: York Catholic loses in closing seconds of OT
- Watch: Top 10 plays, Greencastle vs. Northeastern
- Watch: AAU teammates Brooks and Funk face off
- Watch: Top 5 plays Greencastle-Antrim vs. West York
- Watch: Dallastown misses last-second shot to tie Carlisle
- Watch: Top 5 plays of Central York/Cedar Crest
- Watch: Top 5 plays of Dover/Palmyra
- Top 10 plays, Greencastle vs. Shippensburg
- Watch: Top 5 plays from 'Boro-Manheim Central
- Watch: The full Bryan Gembe Snapchat Takeover
- Watch: District 3 basketball predictions
- Watch: Lebanon Co. District Hoops Preview
A total of 13 basketball teams from York and Adams counties qualified for the state basketball tournaments, and all learned their first-round matchups Sunday when brackets were released.
Eight girls' teams and five boys' teams will play in the PIAA tournament starting Friday and Saturday.
Five of those teams won't have to travel far for the first round: West York will host multiple games both days.
First, a pair of District 3 boys' champions (Northeastern and York Country Day) will play at West York Friday night. Then on Saturday, the Susquehannock, York Catholic and Delone Catholic girls each will play at West York.
The other local qualifiers will face longer road trips for their first-round PIAA matchups, with multiple games scheduled in Philadelphia and Scranton. Here's the rundown of when and where each local qualifier will play.
Friday's first round
- Central York: After finishing fourth in the district, the Panthers (24-4) will take on District One third-place finisher Central Bucks West (22-5). The game is at 7:30 p.m. Friday at William Tennent High School in Warminster.
Saturday's first round
- Susquehannock: The District 3 champion Warriors (23-3) will take on District 6 sixth-place finisher Radnor (18-8) at 5 p.m. Saturday at West York.
- West York: After finishing fifth in District 3, the Bulldogs (17-8) travel to Philadelphia to play District 12 runner-up Mastery Charter North (14-10). The game is at 3:30 p.m. Saturday at Father Judge High School.
- New Oxford: The Colonials (21-8) head to Scranton to play District 2 champion Abington Heights (13-11) at 4 p.m. Saturday at Marywood University. New Oxford was sixth in District 3.
- Dover: The Eagles (19-10) will travel to Freedom High School in Bethlehem for a 3 p.m. matchup with District 11 champion Southern Lehigh (25-1). Dover finished seventh in District 3.
Friday's first round
- York Suburban: The Trojans (14-11) travel to Sunbury to play District 4 champion Montoursville (24-2). The game is at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Shikellamy High School. Suburban finished sixth in District 3.
Saturday's first round
- York Catholic: The District 3 champion Fighting Irish (21-6) will take on District 4 third-place finisher Loyalsock Township (16-9) at 8 p.m. Saturday at West York.
- Delone Catholic: The district runner-up Squirettes (18-7) will also open the district tournament at West York. Delone will play District 12 third-place finisher Mastery Charter South (16-1) at 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
Friday's first round
- Northeastern: The District 3 champion Bobcats (21-1) will take on District One seventh-place finisher Wissahickon (14-11) at 7:30 p.m. Friday at West York.
- Spring Grove: The Rockets (20-8) travel to Scranton High School to play District 2 runner-up West Scranton (14-11) at 7:30 p.m. Spring Grove took fourth in District 3.
- New Oxford: The Colonials (14-11) will take on District 1 champion Archbishop Wood (23-3) at 7:30 p.m. at Philadelphia University. New Oxford finished ninth in District 3.
Friday's first round
- York Catholic: The Fighting Irish (22-3) travel to Philadelphia to play District 12 champion Neumann-Goretti (19-7) at 6 p.m. Friday at South Philadelphia High School.
Friday's first round
- York Country Day: The District 3 champion Greyhounds (19-4) will take on District One third-place finisher Jenkintown (16-7) at 6 p.m. at West York.