MERCERSBURG 10, CHAMBERSBURG 0 >> The non-league girls tennis match between Chambersburg and Mercersburg Academy was moved indoors to The Tennis Club on Friday afternoon and the Blue Devils liked the environment, taking a 10-0 victory.
"There were competitive matches at No. 3 and 7 singles and at No. 3 doubles," Mercersburg coach Mike Sweeney said, "but we proved to be the steadier team."
At No. 3 singles, Allyson Chae edged Taryn Brechbill, 8-6, and the same score was produced at No. 7 in a win for Mia Wang over Hope Sprecher.
The No. 3 doubles team of Haley Kennedy and Amanda Hanan won for Mercersburg (4-1), over the team of Sprecher and Madison Mellinger for the Trojans (4-11).
Mercersburg 10, Chambersburg 0 at The Tennis Center, Zullinger
1. Molly Widdoes (M) d Paige Sideras, 8-4
2. Emma Hicks (M) d Cassidi Martin, 8-1
3. Allyson Chae (M) d Taryn Brechbill, 8-6
4. Eliza Smith (M) d Sydney Fischer, 8-0
5. Gabbie Albert (M) d Kara WIley, 8-1
6. Amanda Hanan (M) d Madison Mellinger, 8-2
7. Mia Wang (M) d Hope Sprecher, 8-6
1. Widdoes-Hicks (M) d Sideras-Martin, 8-0
2. Chae-Smith (M) d Brechbill-Fischer, 8-3
3. Haley Kennedy-Hanan (M) d Sprecher-Mellinger, 8-4