EAST PENNSBORO 4, JAMES BUCHANAN 1 >> James Buchanan played plenty of close matches, but it couldn't pull them out in a Mid Penn Colonial Division loss to East Pennsboro on Thursday.
The Rockets (4-5, 1-5 MPC) had only two sets in which they didn't win a game, but the No. 1 doubles team of Isaac Shenton and Josh Summers was the only one to come out on top, winning 6-3, 0-6, 6-3.
"It's been a long week," JB coach Terri Beegle said. "The No. 1 doubles keep doing their thing, and Hunter Sowers and Clay Murray were very competitive today."
Sowers won the first set 7-5, but lost the final two, 6-3, 10-7. Murray lost in straight sets but put up a good fight, dropping a 6-4, 6-4 defeat.
East Pennsboro 4, James Buchanan 1 at Mercersburg
1. Logan Gouse (EP) d Chance Wishard, 6-2, 6-0
2. Gabe Petrovich (EP) d Clay Murray, 6-4, 6-3
3. Greg Waznick (EP) d Hunter Sowers, 5-7, 6-3, 10-7
1. Isaac Shenton-Josh Summers (JB) d Shaun Manatt Tyler Hamilton, 6-3, 0-6, 6-3
2. Dylan Doan-Zhong Li (EP) d Matt Schofield, Luke Leidy 6-2, 6-4
LAWRENCEVILLE 4, MERCERSBURG 3 >> Mercersburg Academy suffered a narrow Mid-Atlantic Prep League defeat at the hands of Lawrenceville.
The Blue Storm (0-1, 0-1 MAPL) picked up a pair of singles wins and won two of the three doubles matches to earn its third point.
"We had our chance to win this one but couldn't quite pull it out," Mercersburg coach Eric Hicks said. "We got off to a good start in doubles, and our No. 2 and No. 3 doubles teams both came back to win after falling behind early."
Shayan Ghodsi picked up a 7-5, 6-2 win at No. 4 singles, and John Huang had a 6-2, 6-1 win at No. 5 singles. Huan and Teddy Schoeck paired up for an 8-6 win in No. 2 doubles, and Ghodsi and Alec Jones won at No. 3 doubles, 9-8 (7-5).
Lawrenceville 4, Mercersburg 3 at Lawrenceville
1. Mike Zhao (L) d Elliot Hicks, 6-2, 6-2
2. Larry Cummings (L) d Saaman Ghodsi, 7-6 (7-2), 7-5
3. Douglas Wellemeyer (L) d Teddy Schoeck, 6-4, 6-1
4. Shayan Ghodsi (M) d Dennis Duan, 7-5, 6-2
5. John Huang (M) d Samney Bhaha, 6-2, 6-1
6. James Wellemeyer (L) d Alec Jones, 6-2, 6-0
1. Mike Zhao-Larry Cummings (L) d Hicks-Sa.Ghodsi, 8-5
2. Schoeck-Huang (M) d Dennis Duan-Samney Bhaha, 8-6
3. Sh.Ghodsi-Jones (M) d Douglas Wellemeyer-James Wellemeyer, 9-8 (7-5)