Many YAIAA sports are approaching -- or already have reached -- the midway point of their fall seasons. With that in mind, let's revisit the balance of power in the YAIAA by sport.
Give us your take on these teams in the comments section below. Next up is girls' volleyball, which sees no change in the order from the preseason.
1. Delone Catholic (Preseason rank: 1; 6-0, 5-0 Division III) -- Until a team can beat Delone Catholic in a best-of-five match, the Squirettes will remain atop this mountain.
2. Susquehannock (PR: 2; 6-0, 5-0 D-I) -- The Warriors maintain this spot because of their signature win at Central York in the first half of the league season.
3. Central York (PR: 3; 5-1, 4-1 D-I) -- That loss to Susquehannock was Central's only misstep so far. Coach Nate Ocasio will look for his team to be better prepared in the rematch. Perhaps a little more rested, too. At the time of their first meeting they had just endured a gauntlet of matches and few practices only two weeks into the season.
4. Dover (PR: 4; 3-2, 3-2 D-I) -- The Eagles nearly pulled off a road win at Central York on Thursday night but fell in five.
5. South Western (PR: 5; 5-2, 3-2 D-I) -- Last year's tournament runners-up have remained strong. They stay in the top five because with strength of schedule in Division I and wins against Division II competition, including Northeastern.
Honorable mention: York Suburban (5-1, 5-1 D-II) -- We had to at least mention the Trojans as a sixth team worthy of mentioning in these rankings. They currently hold a slim lead over Northeastern and West York in Division II and have done so with a number of new players in coach Sonia Guyer's lineup.