Many YAIAA sports are approaching -- or already have reached -- the midway point of their fall seasons. With that in mind, let's revisit the balance of power in the YAIAA by sport.
Give us your take on these teams in the comments section below. Next up is girls' tennis.
1. Spring Grove (preseason ranking: not ranked) -- What an ascension for the Rockets. They are unbeaten and atop the YAIAA Division I standings and own a victory against Dallastown.
2. Susquehannock (1) -- The Warriors still have a date with Spring Grove left on the calendar. They close the regular season Sept. 26 at Spring Grove. First serve is 3:30 p.m.
3. York Catholic (2) -- The Irish are unbeaten in Division II, but Biglerville and York Suburban are there, too. They travel to Suburban on Sept. 24, followed by Biglerville at home two days later.
4. Dallastown (NR) -- After the Wildcats' loss to Spring Grove, they become big Susquehannock fans on the last day of the season. Having owned a win against the Warriors, by the slightest of margins at 4-3, a Susquehannock win that day can force a three-way tie.
5. York Suburban (4) -- The Trojans' win Thursday against Biglerville, which was ranked third in the preseason, is a crucial win for this team. At the time, both were also unbeaten in Division II with York Catholic.