Here's a class-by-class look at which YAIAA teams figure into the District 3 playoff picture heading into the final week of the football season:
CLASS AAAA (TOP 16 QUALIFY)
8. Central York (6-3) vs. William Penn (3-6)
14. South Western (5-4) vs. Spring Grove (7-2)
17. William Penn (3-6) at Central York (6-3)*
20. Dallastown (3-6) vs. Red Lion (1-8)
* -- Even with a win against Central York, William Penn would likely also need a loss by either Mechanicsburg or Reading to make the playoffs. Mechanicsburg plays Cedar Cliff (5-4), while Reading faces Muhlenberg (5-4).
CLASS AAA (TOP 16 QUALIFY)
2. West York (9-0) vs. New Oxford (4-5)
9. Spring Grove (7-2) at South Western (5-4)
16. Northeastern (6-3) at Kennard-Dale (0-9)**
22. New Oxford (4-5) at West York (9-0)
** -- The Bobcats would appear to be in a win-and-they're-in scenario. They hold a three-percentage point lead in the district power rankings over Lampeter-Strasburg (5-4), which plays Conestoga Valley (3-6) this weekend.
CLASS AA (TOP 8 QUALIFY)
2. Bermudian Springs (9-0) vs. Biglerville (8-1)
5. Biglerville (8-1) at Bermudian Springs (9-0)
8. Littlestown (6-3) at Fairfield (1-8)***
*** -- The Thunderbolts have a five percentage point lead over Hamburg Area for the final playoff spot. Beat Fairfield, and Littlestown will be in.
CLASS A (TOP 4 QUALIFY)
1. Delone Catholic (6-3) vs. Hanover (0-9)
6. York Catholic (4-5) at York Suburban (5-4)****
**** -- The Irish need to win and get some help. Fifth-place side Camp Hill faces a tough matchup with Steel-High. But York Catholic would also likely need a loss by Columbia, which visits 2-7 Northern Lebanon on Friday.