Busy week, so consider this an abbreviated version of the power rankings. Last week's Top 10 here.
A reminder of the process behind the rankings: Don’t think of these as a straight-on measure of which team is better in a head-to-head sense -- obviously, if that were the case, the top five would be loaded with Class AAA and AAAA teams most of the time. Instead, think of them as a gauge primarily of which team is playing the best, with record, quality of opponent(s), classification, etc., also factored in.
These are for fun, so treat them as such. That said, please do chime in with your own thoughts in the comments. Opposing opinions are always welcome.
1. West York (1) -- The Bulldogs (8-0) have outscored their opponents 213-34 during the last five games. Yeah, I'd say they're hitting their stride.
2. Bermudian Springs (2) -- The Eagles (8-0) and Bulldogs still neck and neck -- and both continue to figure into the PA Football News state rankings.
3. Spring Grove (3) -- The Rockets offense was a well-oiled machine during a 50-24 thumping of William Penn last week. Russ Stoner's group can lock up a share of the Division I title against Dallastown this week.
4. Central York (4) -- The Panthers (5-3) weren't perfect against Dallastown, but they did what they had to. Defense showed signs of growth, and the offense continues to be explosive.
5. Biglerville (5) -- Another big week for the Canners' (7-1) offense, which is now averaging 39.9 points per game after last week's 50-28 win at York County Tech.
6. Littlestown (6) -- The Bolts (6-2) have quietly cruised along the last few weeks, heading into Friday's big showdown with Bermudian.
7. Delone Catholic (7) -- The Squires (5-3) have moved up to No. 1 in the District 3-A power rankings, and look like serious title contenders.
8. Northeastern (9) -- Chance for the Bobcats (6-2) to make a big statement this week when they host unbeaten West York with first place in Division II on the line.
T-9. William Penn (8) --The Bearcats' (3-5) defense wilted last Friday, letting up 555 yards to Spring Grove. That unit needs to bounce back quick.
T-9. Dallastown (10) -- Another game, another close loss last Saturday. Hard to know what to do with the Wildcats (3-5) and Bearcats after both lost, so I just stuck them together.
10. South Western (NR) -- Mustangs beat Red Lion to get to 4-4 and need another improved defensive effort against William Penn this weekend.
In the mix: York Suburban (5-3)