Starting Friday, the District 3 field hockey tournament will get under way with the play-in-round from Class AA and AAA. The YAIAA produced nine District qualifiers -- five in AA and four more in AAA.
Here's a look at where each team is seeded and who they'll be playing. Each classification has 24 qualifiers, and the top 8 receive a bye. Seeding is determined by District 3 power rankings. For more, check out the District 3 Web site.
2. Bermudian Springs -- The undefeated Eagles (17-0, 10-0 Div. III) finished behind only Oley Valley in the district power rankings. Bermudian gets a bye and will face the winner of Greencastle vs. Kennard-Dale in the next round.
8. Biglerville -- The Canners (12-3, 7-3 Div. III) grab the last bye in AA, and will face the winner of Susquehannock-Harrisburg Christian in the next round.
15. Kennard-Dale -- The Rams (11-5, 6-2 Div. II) finished second in Division II and can set up a meeting with Bermudian if it beats No. 17 Greencastle on Friday.
17. West York -- Tough break for the Bulldogs (11-4, 7-1 Div. II), who won Division II but are the lower seed in their play-in round game at No. 15 Tulpehocken Friday. If it wins, West York gets to play top-seeded Oley Valley.
24. Susquehannock -- The third-place finishers in Division II, the Warriors (8-4, 4-4) earned the final District playoff slot and will play No. 9 Harrisburg Christian on Friday.
1. Dallastown -- No surprise here. The Wildcats (18-0, 14-0 Div. I) have been a force all year, blowing through the competition in YAIAA Division I. They'll play the winner of Governor Mifflin vs. Manheim Central.
7. New Oxford -- After a solid showing in Division I, the Colonials (13-5, 10-4) get a bye and the winner of South Western vs. Cumberland Valley.
11. Central York -- Dave Marsh's Panthers (10-5-1, 9-4-1 Div. I) can seal a meeting with sixth-seeded Lower Dauphin if they can get past No. 22 Elizabethtown on Friday.
23. South Western -- The Mustangs (7-9-1, 6-7-1 Div. I) were below .500 this year, but still made the field. They'll face a tall task in No. 10 Cumberland Valley Friday.