A few more football rankings tidbits for you, with some YAIAA volleyball thrown in at the end...
District 3 football rankings
- William Penn moved into second place in the Class AAAA rankings, its 5-0 record enough to offset some poor competition. The Bearcats have just 40 bonus points (a team gets 10 points for every victory by a team it has defeated), and three of its five opponents are still looking for their first wins.
- South Western moved into fourth in the Class AAAA power rankings. The Mustangs are one of the District's three quad-A unbeatens (William Penn and Bishop McDevitt are the others).
- Central York (12) and Spring Grove (16) also cracked Class AAAA's top 16.
- West York remained tied with Manheim Central for first-place in the District's Class AAA rankings. Fellow unbeaten Northern York in fourth, while New Oxford (12), Kennard-Dale (14) and Northeastern (15) also made the top 16.
- York Suburban, Littlestown and Delone Catholic ranked, in that order, 4-5-6 in Class AA.
- Even at 2-3, York Catholic ranks fifth in the Class A category.
State girls' volleyball rankings
- YAIAA Division I unbeaten Spring Grove fell out of the Pennsylvania Volleyball Coaches Association Class AAA Top 10 rankings, after coming in at No. 7 last week.
- Division II favorites Susquehannock was booted from the PVCA's Class AA Top 10 after ranking No. 4 last week. Dover, however, made its first Top 10 appearance of the year at No. 8.
- Hanover dropped from seventh to 10th in the Class A category.