Tis the season for giving and receiving gifts. But what if you could have anything in the world regardless of price or logistics? I asked a number of athletes around the L-L the same question and this is what they had to say.
Austin Rosa, Wilson:
- Another bichon frise puppy
- A trip to Italy
- The New York Rangers to win the Stanley Cup
Bo Spiller, Solanco:
- Eagles make the playoffs
- Everyone stays healthy during the rest of wrestling season
- That people remember the true meaning of Christmas
Kodi Lawrence, Pequea Valley
- Some new cleats for the spring
- Thierry Henry jersey
- The Cowboys to make the playoffs
Emily Zwiercan, Cocalico
- The new iPhone 6
- A new car
- Lots of money!
Mitch Martin, Garden Spot
- MORE Nike socks because I always lose them no matter how many I have
- The new Nike Vapor Untouchable cleats
- About 50 pounds of body weight for college football
Marc Hall, Lancaster Mennonite
- A D-1 basketball scholarship
- A million dollars
- A selfie with Santa Claus
Emily White, Cocalico
2. New sneakers
3. Flannel shirts
Dave Gingrich, Cocalico football coach
- A pair of 6’4, 280-pound tackles from American Samoa
- Health and happiness for my family and friends
Chris Sherwood, Manheim Central basketball coach
- World peace…if everyone was a little nicer and more positive towards others and their beliefs, imagine the joy we could all share.
- Ruben Amaro Jr. to find a new job outside of Philadelphia.
- Sweater vest.
Matt Johns, Columbia basketball coach
10 offensive rebounds
9 dribble drives
8 post ups
7 blocked shots
6 road wins
5 game win streak
4 charges taken
3 timeouts at the end of the game
2 games we win we should have lost
1 section title
Have a great holiday season, everybody!