If you could get anything for Christmas regardless of price or logic, what would it be? I recently reached out to a number of L-L athletes and coaches to see what is high on their fantasy holiday wish lists. Some wanted simple and plausible items while others went way outside the box when thinking of their ultimate gifts. Let’s see what they had to say.
Bo Spiller: Solanco
- The cowboys to choke and Eagles to win the division.
- To be able to eat anything and still make weight no problem.
- Stereo/ headphones.
Kylee Legenstein: Lancaster Catholic
1. Clothes, of course.
2. To be accepted to my dream college.
3. A white Christmas.
Joey Goodhart: Hempfield
1. A new iHome.
2. The 2 pound allowance for wrestling.
3. A state gold medal.
Katina Jones: Penn Manor
1. Rafa Nadal
2. New tennis racquet
3. New tennis sneakers
Dave Gingrich: Cocalico football coach
1, 2 and 3. Twin freshmen transfers that are 6'4 290lbs, can run, hit, and be great student-athletes!
Kris Trimby: Donegal
- An Xbox 1
- An electric toothbrush
- A new bed
Matt Jones: Columbia basketball coach
1. A new laptop to speed up my Hudl sessions.
2. A chauffeur to give my wife a break from driving our 2 kids around on her own during the season.
3. Several more Eagles wins and dozens of more Sixers losses. (Draft '14).
Jeremy Morrison: Hempfield baseball coach
1. No injuries for Hempfield Baseball players.
2. Turf baseball field with lights at Hempfield High School.
3. Peace, happiness, and health for everyone in 2014.
Ryan Dornes: Manheim Township
- A Porsche convertible.
- A vacation.
- Another state title.
Mitchell Shober: Cocalico
- A personal masseuse because I'm always super sore after a football game.
- A personal chef/nutritionist because I'm always hungry for great food.
- A state championship to my resume.
- An unlimited supply of Nike equipment and sportswear!
Sara Ober: Manheim Central
- An Apple laptop.
- A new shirt or two.
- Snow on Christmas Day.
Matt Timochenko: Wilson
- Go to the National Championship Game
- A vacation in Hawaii
- A Mac laptop
John Fry: Cocalico
- The Eagles winning the super bowl
- A bajillion iTunes gift cards
- An iPhone to use the gift cards on
Tyrell Wickersham: Hempfield
- A few pair of Chuck Taylor’s
- New clothes
- A nice L-L League Championship (basketball)
Marissa Gingrich- Cocalico
- A puppy
- A new pair of Nike sneaks
- To be undefeated in our section
Kodi Lawrence-Pequea Valley
- Another PV state championship run.
- My cousin, Kyle, to get his 100th win this year. (Wrestling)
- The new reflective Mercurials.
Thanks to all the players and coach that participated! Have a happy and healthy holiday season!