District 3 football power rankings
The first set of District 3 football power rankings became available this week. So lets have a look at how the Hanover-area teams rank.
CLASS AAAA (top 16 teams qualify)
- South Western currently sits ranked 22nd. The Mustangs have a 1-3 record and have had one heck of a schedule to start off their season. Not having Dillon Thomas last week hurt the Mustangs as they fell to New Oxford in overtime.
CLASS AAA (top 16 teams qualify)
- After a season opening loss to Susquehanna Township, the Rockets have won three games in a row. Spring Grove currently holds the 10th spot.
- Gettysburg earned their way into the win column last week with a double overtime victory against Greencastle-Antrim. At 1-3, the Warriors are currently 29th.
CLASS AA (top 8 teams qualify)
- Bermudian Springs comes in at the top spot at a perfect 4-0.
- Littlestown is also 4-0 but sits at the third spot thanks in large part to its wins coming against teams that are struggling this year.
- At 1-3, Biglerville comes in at the 9th spot. The Canners are finding it to be tough sledding replacing all the production that was lost last year.
- Right behind the Canners is Hanover which is a bit odd being that the Nighthawks defeated the Canners in a head-to-head matchup.
CLASS A (top 4 qualify)
- Fairfield has come as a surprise to many people. The Green Knights jumped out to a 3-1 record to start the season. They currently sit ranked 2nd.
- Delone Catholic sits in the number three spot at 2-2. In the past two games, the Squires have turned the ball over an uncharacteristic 12 times, not surprisingly both losses.