College roll call: Conaway having continued success for Penn State wrestling
A look at how former Hanover-area high school athletes are performing in college. Have an update? Email it to Mike Rubin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For the week of 1/14-1/20
- Maria Photiades- (Delone Catholic)- Juniata: Scored six points, two assists and two steals in a win over Goucher. Scored five points a rebound a three steals in a win over Merchant Marine.
- Sierra Moore- (Delone Catholic)- Duke: Chipped in three rebounds in a win over Virginia Tech. Duke remains undefeated on the season.
- Paige Dennison- (Bermudian Springs)- Juniata : Scored three points and added a rebound in a win over Goucher. Scored eight points and added a rebound and a steal in a win over Merchant Marine.
- Codi McMaster- (Spring Grove)- McDaniel: Scored 3 points with a rebound, two assists, a steal and a block in a loss against Gettysburg. Scored 14 points, nine rebounds, two assists, two steals, and a block in a loss to Washington. Scored six points, four rebounds, two assists and a steal in a win against Franklin and Marshall.
- Cari McMaster- (Spring Grove)- Gettysburg: Scored four points, a rebound, and an assist in a win against McDaniel.
- Julia Antonelli- (New Oxford)- Lycoming: Scored a team high 15 points and pulled down eight rebounds, had an assist and a steal in a 54-52 win over Albright. Had a team-high 16 points and 11 rebounds with three assists, two blocks and two steals in a loss to Elizabethtown.
- Karah Fissel- (Biglerville)- Penn State Altoona: Had two rebounds in a loss to Misericordia.
- Ashley Yealy- (Hanover)- Wilson: Scored eight points and pulled down 17 rebounds, had an assist, steal and block in a 45-33 loss to Morrisville State. Led the team with 19 points, and had four rebounds, three blocks, an assist and steal in a loss to Wells.
- Andre Marshall- (New Oxford)- Albright: Had an assist and a rebound in a win against Lycoming. Scored six points and had three rebounds and a steal in a win against Widener.
- Pete Yingst- (Hanover)- Dickinson: Chipped in one assist in a win against Gettysburg.
- Ben Connor- (Hanover)- Eastern: Tallied three points, seven rebounds and five steals in a loss to FDU-Florham. Scored two points with six rebounds and an assist in a loss to DeSales.
- Carson Miller- (New Oxford)- Elms: Scored 10 points and grabbed eight rebounds in a loss to Newbury. Added five rebounds in a loss to Becker. Scored two points and grabbed two rebounds in a win over Regis (Mass.)
- Dontez Reid (Gettysburg)- Penn State Berks: Scored seven points, pulled own six rebounds, had four assists and a steal in a loss to SUNY Cobleskill. Had 16 points, two rebounds, four assists and three steals in a win over Penn State Abington. Scored 10 points, had three rebounds and assists, and one steal in a win over Cazenovia. Scored 12 points with a rebound, and three assists in a loss to Morrisville.
- Neal Grudi- (Spring Grove)- Shippensburg: Fell 5-0 in match against East Stroudsburg. Went 3-1 in Mid-Penn Duals with wins over Gettysburg, Sacred Heart, and Millersville.
- Cameron Throckmorton- (South Western)- Shippensburg: Went 3-0 in Mid-Penn Duals.
- Laike Gardner- (Biglerville)- Lehigh: Won a 5-3 decision over American University. Won a 5-4 decision over Rutgers.
- Jordan Conaway (New Oxford)- Penn State: Defeated Michigan State's Brandon Fifield 7-2. Defeated Wisconsin's Tyler Graff 10-8 in sudden death. Graff was ranked #3 in the nation at the 133-pound weight class. Defeated Purdue's Danny Sabatello 13-4 in a major decision.
- Casey McCole- (South Western)- McDaniel: Her 200 yard freestyle relay team finished fourth against Dickinson.
- Amanda Savidge- (Bermudian Springs)- Carnegie Mellon: Finished seventh in the 1 meter dive with a final score of 132.25 and seventh in the 3 meter dive with a score of 128.95
- Justin Beegle- (Gettysburg)- Emory: His 200 yard medley relay team finished first. He finished third in the 200 yard breast vs Savanah College.
- Christopher Rickell (Gettysburg)- Frostburg: Finished tied for first in the high jump with 1.80 m in the Marietta Open.
Girls Indoor Track and Field:
- Madison Slagle- (New Oxford)- Mansfield: Slagle finished sixth in her preliminary heat in the 60 meter hurdles in the Gulden Invitational. Finished eight in her preliminary heat in 60 meter dash in the Gulden Invitational.
- Trinity Dodson- (Littlestown)- Messiah: Finished ninth in the 800 meter run. in Orange and Maroon Classic. Her relay team finished fifth in the 4 x400 relay in Orange and Maroon Classic.
- Casey Wallen- (Hanover)- Lebanon Valley: Finished tied for fourth in the pole vault with a height of 9-11.75.
- Kelsey Wallen- (Hanover)- Lebanon Valley: Finished 24th in the shot put with a distance of 26-07.75.
- Nicole Craver (Spring Grove)- Goucher: Her 200 medley relay team finished second against Marywood. She finished second in the 100 breast, first in the 100 free, and first in the 200 IM against Marywood.
- Lindsay Kopenhaver (Hanover)- West Virginia: Finished second in the pole vault iwht a season-best 3.50 meters.
Boys Indoor Track and Field:
- Murray Beachtel- (Littlestown)- Messiah: Finished 51st in the 3000 meter run in the Orange and Maroon Classic.
- Kevin Brady- (Delone Catholic)- Elizabethtown: Finished 30th in the 60 meter dash with a time of 7.77. Finished fifth in the pole vault with a height of 13-11.25. Finished 26th in the shot put with a distance of 35-.08.00