PennDOT plow trucks at the Marion garage get ready on Monday, March 13, 2017 for Winter Storm Stella. Wochit
Ted Czech and Paul Kuehnel check out the secondary roads the morning after snow storm Stella. Be careful out there! Stella's not done with York County and the surrounding environs just yet. Paul Kuehnel
Some people, and dogs, were pretty happy with the big snowfall left by Winter Storm Stella. Kate Penn
Snow blanketed York County Tuesday. There were few major emergencies. Gordon Rago, York Daily Record
YDR journalists Anthony Machcinski and Jason Plotkin ride the snowy roads in Stella and talk about open restaurants and food. Jason Plotkin
Pictures from York city, Wrightsville, Manchester and York Township Paul Kuehnel
Ted Czech and Paul Kuehnel explore York County's snowy roads on Tuesday morning. Paul Kuehnel
Ted Czech and Paul Kuehnel scope out York County roads during winter storm Stella. Paul Kuehnel
A look around downtown York on early Tuesday morning, as Winter Storm Stella hits the area. York Daily Record
Hanover Evening Sun reporters check out the snowy scene. Lindsey Welling
Gary Ishman of PennDOT talked about how road crews geared up for Winter Storm Stella, a Nor'easter that was set to drop a foot or more of snow around central Pennsylvania. Teresa Boeckel, York Daily Record
- Watch: Ted and Paul check out the roads
- Watch: Slow-mo snow fun in York
- Watch: Snow day, slow day for emergency responders
- Watch: What's open in York?
- Watch: Stella in York County
- Watch: Driving with Ted and Paul
- Watch: On York County roads in the snow storm with Ted and Paul
- Watch: Stella hits downtown York
- Watch: Stella blankets downtown Hanover
- Watch: How did PennDOT prepare night before Stella?
A winter storm expected to hit Pennsylvania has put the freeze on PIAA championship events this week.
There will be no PIAA swimming or basketball postseason events Tuesday or Wednesday.
The PIAA swimming championships had been scheduled for Wednesday through Saturday at Bucknell University. And the second round of the PIAA basketball tournament was to be held Tuesday and Wednesday at high schools across the state.
With concerns about safety and potential travel restrictions, the governing body for Pennsylvania high school sports determined that the four-day championships in Lewisburg, which originally were slated to start Wednesday, should be pushed until Thursday.
Not only is the schedule being affected, but PIAA officials have been forced to make drastic changes to the entire championship competition. There will be no preliminary swims for Class AA and AAA.
Instead of morning prelims, followed later in the day by medal and consolation finals, all swimming events will be timed finals.
To allow athletes proper warm-up, the Class AA girls competition will begin at 4 p.m. Thursday. The Class AA boys will follow at 7:30 p.m.
The second day will begin for the girls at 10:45 a.m. Friday. The boys will hit the water at 3:30 p.m.
Class AAA will now take place over the entire weekend, starting Saturday with the girls timed finals at 3:15 p.m. and the boys at 7 p.m.
The final day will have the girls starting competition at 10:45 a.m. Sunday, with the boys following at 3:30 p.m.
Also, the PIAA diving championships, which usually take place between each day's preliminary and finals swimming sessions, have been postponed until March 25-26. They also will be held at Bucknell.
The Class AA girls will dive at 3 p.m. on March 25, followed by the boys at 7:30 p.m. Class AAA divers will follow the same schedule on March 26.
The entire second round of the PIAA basketball tournament will be played on Thursday, and all of the quarterfinals will be played Saturday.
That change has altered some second-round locations. Click here to see the brackets with updated sites and times.
Here's a rundown of second-round sites and times for District 3 teams.
- CD East vs. Archbishop Ryan, 6 p.m. at Garden Spot
- Hempfield vs. Williamsport, 8 p.m. at Martz Hall, Pottsville
- Reading vs. Perkiomen Valley, 8 p.m. at Santander Arena, Reading
- Harrisburg vs. Emmaus, 8 p.m. at Geigle Complex, Reading
- Carlisle vs. Lincoln, 7:30 p.m. at Garden Spot
- Northeastern vs. Upper Merion, 7:30 p.m. at Manheim Township
- Spring Grove vs. East Stroudsburg North, 6:30 p.m. at Martz Hall, Pottsville
- Palmyra vs. Archbishop Carroll, 5 p.m. at Geigle Complex, Reading
- Mechanicsburg vs. Archbishop Wood, 8 p.m. at Pottstown
- Hershey vs. Chester, 5 p.m. at Pottstown
- Berks Catholic vs. Audenried, 8 p.m. at Spring-Ford, Royersford
- Middletown vs. Greater Johnstown, 7:30 p.m. at Chambersburg
- Lancaster Mennonite vs. Hughesville, 5 p.m. at Martz Hall, Pottsville
- Trinity vs. Del-Val Charter, 8 p.m. at Liberty, Bethlehem
- York Country Day vs. Millville, 5 p.m. at Hamburg
- Central York vs. Cardinal O'Hara, 6:30 p.m. at Santander Arena, Reading
- Cedar Cliff vs. Penn Hills, 8 p.m. at Hollidaysburg
- Susquehannock vs. New Oxford, 7 p.m. at West York
- Harrisburg vs. Archbishop Carroll, 6:30 p.m. at Geigle Complex, Reading
- Northern Lebanon vs. Mifflinburg, 6 p.m. at Shamokin
- Berks Catholic vs. Bethlehem Catholic, 6 p.m. at Souderton
- Bishop McDevitt vs. Montoursville, 7:30 p.m. at Shamokin
- Lancaster Catholic vs. Forest Hills, 6 p.m. at Chambersburg
- York Catholic vs. Pine Grove, 7:30 p.m. at Spartan Center, Milton Hershey
- Delone Catholic vs. West Shamokin, 5 p.m. at Hollidaysburg
- Camp Hill vs. Greensburg CC, 6:30 p.m. at Hollidaysburg
- Lebanon Catholic vs. Faith Christian, 6 p.m. at Tulpehocken, Bernville
- Linden Hall vs. Nativity BVM, 7:30 p.m. at Tulpehocken, Bernville
- Tuesday night's YAIAA wrestling senior all-star wrestling match has been canceled. It will not be rescheduled.
- Boys tennis matches on Tuesday - State College at Chambersburg, and James Buchanan at Trinity - were postponed. The Chambersburg match is now set for March 22, while JB's has no date yet. Also, Chambersburg's match on Thursday at Lower Dauphin has been moved to this Friday.
Find out who had the best plays from around GameTimePA.com this week in the various PIAA tournaments. Video by Lizi Arbogast, GameTimePA.com
Find out how Bauhof and York Catholic girls basketball prepared for the Sweet Sixteen. Video by Lizi Arbogast, GameTimePA.com
Eli Brooks discusses the improvement the Spring Grove basketball team has made this season. Matt Allibone
See the top five plays as the Cougars dropped a 78-41 game to the Patriots in the PIAA Class 5A Second Round. Matt Catrillo/GameTimePA.com
Find out the best plays from Southern Fulton's girls basketball team in the second round of the PIAA tournament. Video by Lizi Arbogast, GameTimePA.com
The Northeastern boys' basketball team overcame a 15-point, fourth-quarter deficit to defeat Archbishop Carroll in double overtime Saturday, March 18, 2017. Jim Seip, GameTimePA.com
Northeastern ran wild en route to lopsided PIAA tournament win. (Teddy Feinberg/GameTimePA.com)
Northeastern's Antonio Rizzuto drove baseline and dunked to help spark the Bobcats' first-half run against Wissahickon in the first round of the Class 5A state tournament. Jim Seip, GameTimePA.com
Check out these highlight-worthy plays from McConnellsburg's first-round loss in the PIAA Class 2A boys basketball playoffs. Video by Lizi Arbogast, GameTimePA.com
Find out who had the best plays from Greencastle-Antrim's season-ending loss to Upper Merion in the first round of the PIAA tournament. Video by Lizi Arbogast, GameTimePA.com
Check out the full GameTimePA.com Snapchat Takeover hosted by Elise Knobloch, of Delone Catholic. Video by Lizi Arbogast, GameTimePA.com
See the top five plays from the Colonials' 80-64 win over the Cedars in the PIAA Class 6A First Round. Matt Catrillo/GameTimePA.com
Don't miss the top plays from the PIAA Class 1A first round game between Halifax and Southern Fulton. Video by Lindsey Smith
See the top five plays from the Cougars' 58-43 win over the Crimson Tide in the PIAA Class 5A First Round. Matt Catrillo/GameTimePA.com
Find out who had the best plays from Southern Fulton's PIAA Class 1A boys basketball game against Williamsburg. Video by Blair Garrett & Lizi Arbogast, GameTimePA.com
Find out how Elise Knobloch and the Delone Catholic Squirettes prepare for their first-round game on Saturday night. Video by Lizi Arbogast, GameTimePA.com
York Country Day senior Jordan Ray dedicated his District 3 Class 1A championship to former York player Nagus Griggs, who died under tragic circumstances less than a year after winning a District 3 title. Jim Seip, GameTimePA.com
GameTimePA reporters Teddy Feinberg and Jim Seip preview the state tournament for the 13 squads from the York-Adams area. Jim Seip, GameTimePA.com
Sports reporters Lindsey Smith and Lizi Arbogast break down Franklin-Fulton chances in the first round of the PIAA basketball tournament. Video by Lizi Arbogast, GameTimePA.com
GameTimePA.com's Matt Catrillo and Pat Huggins preview and predict Lebanon County team's chances in the upcoming PIAA Basketball Tournament. Matt Catrillo/GameTimePA.com
Shooting a free throw in front of the Chambersburg student section is not a place you want to be. Watch and find out why the CASHS Crazies were the Trojans' 6th man this season. Video by Lindsey Smith
- Watch: GTPA Top 5, PIAA playoffs
- Watch: The complete Kate Bauhof Snapchat Takeover
- Watch: Spring Grove peaking in playoffs
- Watch: Palmyra-Archbishop Carroll top 5 plays
- Watch: Top 5 plays, Southern Fulton girls
- Watch: Northeastern wins in double overtime
- Watch: Bobcats have way with Upper Merion
- Watch: Northeastern dunk sparks state run
- Watch: Top 5 plays from McConnellsburg boys
- Watch: Top 5 Greencastle plays vs. Upper Merion
- Watch: The complete Elise Knobloch Takeover
- Watch: Lebanon/Plymouth-Whitemarsh top 5 plays
- Watch: Top 5 plays from Southern Fulton's first-round win
- Watch: Palmyra-Pottsville top 5 plays
- Watch: Highlights from So. Fulton's first round of states
- Watch: Elise Knobloch to host Snapchat Takeover
- Watch: Player dedicates game to late York player
- Watch: GameTime previews YAIAA teams in state tourney
- Watch: P.O. Sports Talk, PIAA preview
- Watch: Lebanon Co. PIAA hoops preview
- Watch: CASHS Crazies have become Chambersburg's 6th man