The Trojans' tennis duo registered its 12th win by defeating Gettysburg's Dan Horton and Cody Kiefer 7-5, 3-6, 6-3 at No. 2 doubles on the second day of the Mid Penn Class AAA Tournament on Saturday.
Foor and Scanzello will face Cumberland Valley in Monday's championship at Central Dauphin East at 10 a.m.
"They made very few unforced errors today," Trojans coach Gary Hocker said. "The quality of their shots was just a little better than those of Gettysburg. They were both very good teams."
At No. 1 doubles, Steven Kolumban and Emir Duric lost 6-3, 6-3 to Northern's B.J. Bush and Tyler Wood. But Kolumban and Duric qualified for the playback round, where they defeated Lower Dauphin's Dan Minnich and Luke Forshey 6-0, 6-1.
That win sends Kolumban and Duric to CD East on Monday for a showdown with Carlisle.
"Their first match never got going," Hocker said of Kolumban and Duric. "For whatever reason, they never got in sync enough to be competitive. But their afternoon match in playbacks was a completely different story and our team looked as they look most days and the results showed it."
Duric fell to Northern's Sam Calabria 6-1, 6-0 at No. 2 singles.
James Buchanan's Grant Strawoet cemented a big personal day by earning gold at No. 2 doubles in the Mid Penn Class AA Tournament with a 6-1, 6-2 win over Camp Hill's Matt Leach.
Strawoet was a day removed from qualifying for No. 1 doubles at districts and he and Casey Hedrick rebounded with a 6-3, 6-0 win over Adam and Nate Malarich of Camp Hill.
"I'm very proud of my guys," Rockets coach Terri Beegle said. "They showed a lot of class in winning and losing and went about the job and got it done. Nobody expected us to do as well as we did this year. It was an enjoyable weekend to watch these guys play."
At No. 5 singles, Garrett Malanka kept the Rockets' momentum going when he defeated D.J. Polacheck of Bishop McDevitt 6-3, 6-0 to earn a title.
"We had a couple tough matches today, but we rebounded really well," Beegle said. "Grant and Garrett played very well and dominated their matches. They were pretty easy matches for them."
Mid Penn Tournament
2. Sam Calabria (Northern) d Emir Duric, 6-1, 6-0
1. Bush-Wood (Northern) d Steven Kolumban-Duric, 6-3, 6-3; Playback round, Kolumban-Duric d Dan Minnich-Luke Forshey (Lower Dauphin), 6-0, 6-1
2. Ryan Foor-Charlie Scanzello (Chbg) d Dan Horton-Cody Kiefer (Gettysburg), 7-5, 3-6, 6-3
2. Grant Strawoet (JB) d Matt Leach (Camp Hill) 6-1, 6-2
3. Andrew Marluzzi (Trinity) d Isaac Bingaman, 6-3, 7-6, 6-4
4. Adam Malarich (Camp Hill) d Andrew Rupert, 7-6, 8-6, 7-5, 6-4
5. Garrett Malanka (JB) d D.J. Polacheck (Bishop McDevitt), 6-3, 6-0
1. Casey Hedrick-Strawoet (JB) d Adam Malarich-Nate Malarich (Camp Hill) 6-3, 6-0; Doug Kaplan-Nathan Walburn (Harrisburg Academy) d Hedrick-Strawoet, 6-3, 6-1
2. Josh Barwin-D.J. Polacheck (Bishop McDevitt) d Bingaman-Rupert, 6-2, 6-4
Next match: District 3 Tournament, TBA.
Mercersburg Academy 6
Hun School 1
Saturday, at Mercersburg
Mid-Atlantic Prep League match
A big win at No. 1 doubles built momentum and helped Mercersburg Academy defeat Hun ... Ben Bunjapamai and Paul Kreifels defeated Hun's Chris Seitz and Dobrin Mitev 9-7 to set the tone the rest of the way ... "Bunjapamai and Kreifels were down 2 breaks late in the match," MA coach Eric Hicks said. "They finally put it together late in the match and came from behind to win. Their effort gave us a psychological boost going into singles." ... Singles winners for the Blue Storm were Bunjapamai (No. 2), Jason Lee (No. 3), Albert Lam (No. 4), Eli Littlefield (No. 5) and Julius Everke (No. 6).
Mercersburg 6, Hun School 1
1. Chris Seitz (H) d Paul Kreifels, 6-0, 6-3
2. Ben Bunjapamai (M) d Matt Head, 6-3, 6-1
3. Jason Lee (M) d Peter Sendzik, 7-5, 6-2
4. Albert Lam (M) d Dobrin Mitev (H), 6-3, 6-3
5. Eli Littlefield (M) d Andrew Katz, 7-5, 6-4
6. Julius Everke (M) d Adam Greenfield, 6-4, 6-2
1. Bunjapamai-Kreifels (M) d Seitz-Mitev, 9-7
2. Head-Sendzik (H) d Lee-Lam, 8-1
3. Littlefield-Everke (M) d Katz-Nealon Suthersan, 8-3
JV: Mercersburg Academy 10, Jefferson Juniors 3.
Next match: Wednesday, at John Handley, 4.